• Insurance both travel and medical
Volunteer and Internship Programs: A Combined Effort to Transforming Communities
Educate A Child International (EACI) gives you the chance to meet people from around the globe to engage in all of our projects. Volunteers can choose from a variety of our projects which are accessible to all ages regardless of financial resources and skills. Educate A Child International (EACI) seeks to promote a more peaceful society by raising the awareness of young people and integrating them in development efforts. We believe that this helps raise young people’s awareness to the challenges of the global society making them responsible, active, critical and solidary citizen's.
Why You Should Volunteer with Us?
Educate A Child International (EAIC) believe that volunteering is more than visting a country overseas. Volunteering gives you a nice experience that changes your everyday life as you discover new horizons involving exchanges with local communities and encounters with volunteers from all over the globe.
• Project Location: Rwenzori Region, Western Uganda, Kasese District.
• Required Experience: Our volunteers do not need to have any specific skills, although interns in areas of medicine, environmental health, education, sanitation might need certain awareness about the topic's in some cases, we require a basic knowledge of English.
• Age Limit: 16 years and above.
• Project Duration Options: From one month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months and one year.
• Project State Dates: Rolling.
• Accommodation: Volunteers are accommodated at the Directors Home and can easily access internet even from home.
• Food: 3 meals a day taken at home and on the field and or at the office.
• Arrival: All volunteers will be picked from Entebbe international Airport in Kampala. Visitors will meet our staff (name to be disclosed) at the airport.
• Journey: 6 hours journey to the project in Kasese District in Western Uganda, passing through Mubende, Fortportal (Kabarole District) and later Kasese. The journey though seemingly long is an interesting one vistors will enjoy nice vegetation, animals, etc.
• Requests: Volunteers in coordination with our staff and driver can opt to make stop overs on the way to take photos, buy some eats or have rests.
• Clothing: Bring with you: gumboots, jackets, caps, cameras, own laptops, flat open shoes, and whatever they may render necessary.
• Vaccinations: Before departure, the volunteers will be informed about the health conditions in Uganda so that he/she is able to make an appointment with his/her doctor for immunisation. It’s important that volunteers be immunised several months before departure so that the vaccine is effective.
Below is a selection of active projects and programs that we need volunteers to help us with:
Literacy Promotion in Society
Volunteer's must have work ethics:
• Volunteer's will have to actively participate in the project.
• Volunteer's will need to have good interpersonal skills and able to work as a team member.
• Commits to respect internal rules of the organization.
• Commits to give all necessary information with attention to his /her needs.
• Volunteer's must choose a project that interests him/her in order for him or her to enjoy the stay.
• Its recommended that the volunteer's gets adequate information about Uganda and Rwenzori Region in particular where we are based.
Our team is readily available to answer any questions please email us
Our Commitment to Volunteers:
1. Educate A Child International (EACI) commits to meet the volunteers’ expectations and motivations by respecting their rights, cultures, beliefs, aspirations and their equal human dignity.
2. We commit to treat volunteers as fully-fledged member of our staff.
3. The host association commits itself to actively ask further information to the volunteer's before accepting his/her application.
4. Educate A Child International (EACI) commits itself to be available by phone and or Skype to participate to conferences with the applicants if they request it.
5. Educate A Child International (EACI) will ensure financial transparency for the participation fees where volunteer's are expected to pay.
6. When volunteer's arrive in Uganda, an integration session will be organised to present the local environment and culture, the hosting structure, the internal regulations and the safety instructions.
7. Educate A Child International (EACI) commits itself to define as precisely as possible the schedule and tasks that need to be done.
Volunteer Participation Fees:
Knowing that we work with poor communities, it’s important that a volunteer's make a contribution on the many expenses involved in realising quality volunteer's and intern's experience.
• First Month (First 4 weeks): USD $600
• Additional weeks after the first month USD $120 per week
• Transfers from the airport to Kasese
• Compensation to the host family
• 3 meals per day
• Utility bills
• Orientation costs involving tours to nearby leisure parks.
• Internet use
• Project support
• A day in the city touring around
Fees Do Not Include: